Qore Performance is a rapidly growing tech company that designs, builds and sells products that eliminate the environment as a constraint for human activity and performance. Our innovative IceAge Ecosystem has helped us become one of the fastest growing companies in the space. We have created a new niche at the intersection of human performance engineering and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for Military, Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS and Safety.
As we are a new, small business, we frequently work odd hours, hit deadlines for opportunities that spring up quickly, and talk openly about company strategy, experimenting and moving fast. We value hard work, accountability, creativity, dedication, and having a good time. Speed, precision, and flexibility are key.
If you share our values and want to see what life is like working for an emerging company, we would love to hear from you! Opportunities will be filled quickly and there is potential for rapid growth with our organization. Please reach out to us at email@example.com, tell us which position you’re interested in, and why you would be the perfect fit to join our team! Applicants must be willing to relocate to the Washington D.C. area.
Note: Submissions with typos, spelling errors, or resumes with more than one page will be discarded immediately and will not receive a response. We are looking for people with attention to detail. Please submit accordingly.
Director of Operations - Job Description
At Qore Performance, we maintain a high energy, fast paced, and constantly changing work environment. We are searching for a hands-on, meticulous, efficient, operations-loving individual to manage our operations processes and practices as we scale.
By running and optimizing our processes and our facilities, our Director of Operations will enable the rest of the team to focus on expansion and growth. This is a mission-critical full time position that will report directly to the CFO. Responsibilities will include sourcing and verifying product, establishing and maintaining vendor relationships, managing the office and warehouse space, and managing fulfillment of customer orders. Responsibilities will include establishing and prosecuting processes as follows:
- Scout, source, and secure production partners and manufacturers to match needs, taking into consideration quality, quantities, raw materials, delivery date, payment terms, etc.
- Source and acquire raw materials as specified/requested by design team.
- Work with design team to write and enforce quality standards and production contracts.
- Establish and manage credit relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure that production schedule and deliveries match purchase orders and demand.
- Ensure raw materials and finished goods are compliant with relevant standards and certifications with appropriate documentation.
- Receive and verify inbound shipments.
- Optimize shipping and freight contracts / terms.
- Manage processes to convert incoming inventory into sellable product.
- Ensure ample quantities of in-stock product is ready for immediate fulfillment.
- Supervise fulfillment and packaging process to ensure amazing customer experiences.
- Implement and improve systems for tracking of inventory.
- Manage import/export strategies, taking into account tariffs, intellectual property, etc.
- File and maintain compliance with all municipal, state and federal requirements.
- Negotiate and coordinate the acquisition of equipment and infrastructure as required.
- Ensure office upkeep to preserve an enjoyable and efficient workplace.
- Manage relationships and actions required to run headquarters/office and lease.
- Maintain excellent systems and records for financial tracking, AR, AP, and bookkeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a one-page resume and an expression of interest for review.
Currently, we can only accept applications from US Citizens.
These are mission-critical, full-time positions at the heart of our business who will report to the Director of Operations and the CFO - managing and processing incoming items, pridefully maintaining the warehouse and stored inventory, and providing a best-in-class user experience fulfilling orders. Our customers are always our number one priority and you will be a critical link between our products and our customers. Since our customers are always relying on our products in the most difficult climates on earth, we ship orders to customers six days per week.
Quality Control and Receiving
- Receive and quality check inventory into warehouse and inventory tracking system.
- Catalog quantities and keep meticulous records of what arrives and when.
- Attention to specific detail and excellent record keeping a must.
Product Processing and Finalization
- Reconfigure incoming Component Inventory from disparate vendors into sellable SKUs.
- Kitting, Assembly, Light Manufacturing of new products
- Enact and refine quality control standards set by management and Design Team.
- Refine, refinish, and process products from vendors to meet customer’s and QPI’s elevated standards.
- Store product in organized, perpetually sellable condition.
- Ensure that inventory is accounted for and easily accessible.
- Keep constantly accurate inventory counts
- Take an active role in inventory prepositioning and planning with Sales team.
- Alert management when inventory levels are low.
- Monitor off-site inventory and replenish when inventory is low.
- Monitor orders on an ongoing basis and prepare transparent quantitative reports.
- Maintain sufficient stockpiles of product to ensure Amazon-level shipment times.
- Minimize and optimize packaging for customer experience and company profitability.
- Replenish and plan for packaging materials; suggest improvements to enhance customer experience.
- Ensure sufficient supplies are ordered to provide seamless dynamic order fulfillment.
How Will We Measure Success?
- Number of unboxing social media posts by customers
- Number of shipping errors reported by customers
- Create repeatable, scalable operational practices.
- Build / acquire tools that replace tedium.
- Quickly and diligently address oversights or errors with sustainable, efficient solutions.
- Clearly communicate information with data and clear records.
- Set and enforce high standards for hygiene, tidiness, organization, and excellence.
- Exponentially expand operational capability with constant analysis and improvement.
Interested? Read this blog article to make sure you're the right fit.