E-Commerce Merchandising Manager for Military, Law Enforcement, Outdoor, Fitness
Are you always ahead of the curve when it comes to training and equipment? Do you have a knack for spotting trends before others? Are you a market or influencer? Do your friends come to you for gear and training advice? Are you always the thought leader when it comes to equipment and gear for your team/unit or social circle? Are you a relentless tinkerer? Do you have an intuitive understanding for how people think in areas where you are a subject matter expert? Do you intuitively understand mechanical concepts and how products work together? Do you love teaching and sharing knowledge to empower others?Does the art and science of e-commerce fascinate you? Are you looking for ways to turn your love and knowledge of gear and equipment into a valuable, life-long career skill? Do you crave data-driven feedback to drive perpetual performance improvement? If you find yourself answering “yes” to many of these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for hard-working, energetic, positive and forward-thinking enthusiasts who want to help other members of the communities we serve (MIL/LE, SPORT, Safety + Devices, Aviation) find the best tools for Building A Superhuman Future.®
As with all positions at Qore Performance®, no formal education or credentialing are required. You do not need a college or advanced degree of any kind to work for us. Through our own experiences at fancy schools, we’ve learned that hard work, grit, attitude and skills are what set people up for success. What you will need is proof of your skill set - proof you can do the job for which you are applying and be great at it.
- Five years minimum experience with one or more of the following: Military, Law Enforcement, Outdoor, Fitness, Safety, QSR, Digital Merchandising, E-Commerce
- Proven merchandising and e-commerce skillset
- Basic graphic design background/understanding (Adobe Spark, Photoshop)
- Strong command of data analytics, statistics
- Critical thinking/problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Team player/mindset
- Excellent writing skills and/or Creative Writing or Journalism experience highly preferred
- Software: Shopify, Adobe Suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom
- Product trend mastery in at least one of the following: Military, Law Enforcement, Outdoor
- Be physically fit enough to conduct thorough, accurate, credible testing and evaluation of products in the MIL/LE, Outdoor, Fitness market verticals
- A basic understanding of code and how the internet/e-commerce work is extremely valuable, but not required
- Experience/background in presentations or training strongly preferred
- Identifying product merchandising gaps, errors, opportunities
- Development of educational content (written, infographics, video, presentations, e-books, etc.) to address identified merchandising gaps, errors, opportunities
- Get ahead of customer questions, start/influence consumer trends/behaviors
- Work with Marketing Team (Videographer/Photographer(s), UX/UI Designer, Multimedia Specialist, Graphic Designer, etc.) to produce and publish educational content
- Support and train Field Training Specialists with training and education content, materials, presentations for use at trade shows, events, in-person meetings
- Identify, test, evaluate, source and curate third party products that enhance and optimize the end-user experience with QPI products
- Test, evaluate QPI products (prototype and production) and participate in the development process with Design and Manufacturing Teams; reporting results and feedback on both QPI products and interface with relevant third party products
How we will measure success: sales and profitability (including third party retail products), cross-selling performance ("customers who bought this, also bought this"), upselling performance (product page add-ons) inbound link traffic from external placements, organic search rankings of key category search terms, Conversion Rate, Bounce Rate, Engagement Rates (social media comments) and other digital metrics/analytics, Verified Purchase Reviews. Other tools and metrics may be added as they become relevant/available.
Big advantage if you have a background in any of the following:
Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighter (Urban or Wild Land), First Responder/EMT, SAR/CSAR, Backpacking/Hiking, Mountaineering/Climbing, Outdoors, Travel, Food Service, Consumer Electronics, Crossfit, Running/Marathons, Combative's/D-TAC
Click here to learn more about our recruiting process and working at Qore Performance®.
- All candidates must have the legal ability to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Ability to clearly communicate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to perform physical tasks required of the job
Work location: Qore Performance® Headquarters in Knoxville, TN MSA