[ OVERVIEW ]
Building A Superhuman Future® by turning adversity into opportunity.
ICEPLATE EXO® is our vision for the future of ultra-high performance infantry fighting systems, commonly referred to as tactical plate carriers or minimalist plate carriers. Reflecting our unyielding belief in the possibilities created by empowered individuals, ICEPLATE EXO® is the host platform for our physiological enhancement and environmental inoculation technologies (ICEPLATE®, ICEVENTS®, ICESHIELD). ICEPLATE EXO® weaponizes temperature using foundational ICEPLATE® Curve and ICEVENTS® integration to enhance human operator performance in ways previously thought to be unattainable. Durable, hydrophobic, and breathable with unrivaled thermoregulation capabilities, ICEPLATE EXO® is limited only by your imagination. ICEPLATE EXO® can be configured for almost any mission profile from Direct Action to OTB/VBSS to CBRNE and is designed for elite armed professionals who are trained in how to properly and safely set up a plate carrier.
Made at our Knoxville, TN HQ.
Not intended for beginners or hobby use. IcePlate EXO® is sold as a complete package, but individual components are sold separately here.
Plate Carrier Cooling/Heating/Hydration: add IMS Pro Combo above
Exposed Armor Plates: good or bad? Here is the scientific and engineering truth behind exposed armor plates
Sizing, Armor Plate CompatibilityIcePlate EXO® is optimized to work with IcePlate Curve® and optimized for conformal fit with a Medium ESAPI Plate. Size small ESAPI plates are useable, but not optimal. Other sizes may not fit properly. Future sizes will be announced exclusively to LaunchPad email subs (click here to sign up or here to read more about why we only build size Medium). If you do not wear a Medium size armor plate, IcePlate® EXO will not fit properly. Armor plates with the following dimensions will fit:
- 9.5" x 12.5" up to 1.1" for Medium ESAPI armor plates.
- 10" x 12" up to 0.35" thick for Medium SAPI plates.
- Use of 10" x 12" Medium Shooter Cut Armor Plates thinner than 1.1" may require sewing additional Velcro fields to the bottom plate retention flap (see instructions and placement in product photo gallery).
KitTo purchase a complete IcePlate EXO® Armor Package, click here. To learn more about the difference between Level III and Level IV hard armor plates, click here to go to our IceAge Insights article with full video. For best results, we strongly recommend running the DFNDR Armor Medium Level III Stand-Alone Rifle Rated Hard Plates with IcePlate EXO® and IcePlate® Curve with an IcePlate® MOLLE Sleeve Pro, as IcePlate EXO® is specifically designed to fit Medium ESAPIs.
[ SPECIFICATIONS ]
|Weight:||12.9 oz (plate bags, Shoulder Shrouds, Side Strap, SizzleSticks)|
|Attachment Mechanisms:||MOLLE, Velcro, SwiftClip, G-Hook|
|Armor Plate Compatibility:||Medium ESAPI (9.5” x 12.5” x 1.1”)|
|Materials:||IcePlate EXO laminate, Velcro®, Nylon 12, Shock Cord|
[ WHAT'S INCLUDED ]
[ VIDEOS ]
[ TURBOCHARGERS ]
THIN BUT CURVY
- Cooling - Fill and freeze IcePlate® Curve for up to 70 watts of conductive cooling per IcePlate® Curve - an unrivaled performance edge.
- Heating - Fill IcePlate® Curve with hot water for up to 52 watts of conductive heating power per IcePlate® Curve and an incredible competitive advantage in even the harshest climates.
- Hydration - Each IcePlate® Curve holds 50 fl oz (1.5 L) of water.
- One-Way Valve - The one-way valve allows air into IcePlate® Curve (drinkable option only), improving flow rate by more than 100% for an effortless drinking experience.
- Integration - Each plate bag is designed to accept IcePlate Curves. When using armor plates with IcePlate EXO®, add IMS Pro Combo for internal or external mounting of IcePlate® Curve.
LESS IS MORE
- Convection - Stand-off, omnidirectional ventilation facilitates Convection (evaporative cooling).
- Hydrolysis Resistance - Will not absorb/retain water, sweat.
- Anti-microbial - Totally permanent, IceVents® are antimicrobial at the molecular level, meaning the characteristic cannot be washed away.
- Integration - IceVents® Aero Ventilated Shoulder Pads (included) evenly distribute load across your shoulders, reducing unnecessary strain. IceVents Classic Ventilation Pontoons (optional) provide stand-off ventilation between your body and your plate bag. Use one pair per plate bag as desired.
Above: IcePlate EXO® shown with internally mounted IMS Pro Combo for plate carrier cooling/heating/hydration and IceVents Aero ventilated plate carrier shoulder pads.
[ FEATURES ]
Plate bags interchangeably accept IcePlate Curve or Medium ESAPI armor plate to give you maximum versatility for your cooling, heating, hydration and protection needs. Mix and match as needed.
Designed for IceVents® Classic Ventilation Pontoons to create unrivaled stand-off body armor ventilation.
Rear plate bag has laser-cut MAPs that double as ventilation ports.
Tips the scales at a scant 12.95 oz.• thanks in part to the same laser-cut Negative MAPS (MOLLE Attachment Points built by removing, not adding material) found on IcePlate EXO®-CRH, IMS Pro, and IMS Sport.
Laser-cut Negative MAPs and open bottom architecture maximize drainage.
Our all-new SizzleStick attachment mechanism facilitates both stretch and size adjustment using a unique shock cord lacing system. Engineered using a process known as Topology Optimization, SizzleSticks achieve the optimum balance between strength and mass. Exclusive to our IcePlate EXO® line, SizzleSticks let you breathe easily, even in the hardest conditions.
Run IcePlate EXO® with just the Side Straps for a minimalist configuration or scale-up to our 3-Strand MOLLE Cummerbund to increase load-carriage options. Prefer a different Cummerbund? No problem. Lateral Apertures will work with just about any two or three strand cummerbund on the market.
Constructed from our unique IcePlate EXO® laminate for an unrivaled strength to weight ratio and a completely hydrophobic chassis with a tensile strength of 600+ pounds.
MOLLE, Swift Clip, G-Hook and Velcro loop compatibility to take any pouch, placard or chest rig on the market, wherever you need it.
Velcro-brand bottom closure places the Hook Velcro field on the inside of IcePlate EXO®, preventing contact with clothing or uniforms.
Large Velcro loop fields for unit identification patches.
All-new MOLLE Cummerbund interfaces with the velcro field on the front plate bag and MOLLE placard for secure attachment.
Accepts any MOLLE pouch or add a Blue Force Gear Stackable Ten-Speed Triple M4 Mag Pouch (Qore Performance recommended) for turn-key functionality. MOLLE Placard can also be used as a chest rig when mated with IcePlate EXO-CRH.
*Weight of plate bags, Shoulder Shrouds, Side Strap, and SizzleSticks
[ RESOURCES ]
- How do I wear IcePlate®?
- Can Armor Plates Be Exposed to The Elements?
- What armor plates should I buy: Level III or Level IV?
- Plate Carrier Setup: ICEPLATE EXO® Configurations
- How strong is IcePlate EXO®?
- What is IcePlate Curve? IcePlate Curve FAQ
- What side IMS Pro is right for me: Left Exit or Right Exit?
- What size plate carrier do I wear?
- What gear pouches/accessories go with IcePlate EXO®?
- The Science Behind Body Armor Cooling
- Weight Vest Training with Cooling (i.e. The Tactical Games, Crossfit Games)
- How loud is IcePlate in the field compared to other plate carrier hydration options like Camelbak, Nalgene, Hydroflask, bottled water, etc.?
- Plate Carrier Commo Routing and Cable Management
- IcePlate EXO vs. SCARAB LT by Velocity Systems
- IcePlate EXO vs. JPC 2.0 by Crye Precision
- Plate Carrier vs. Chest Rig
- Still have another technical question not covered here? Check out our IceAge Insights blog here where we probably have an article and/or video that will answer your question because someone else probably had it too.
- Vented Plate Carrier Shoulder Pads, Duty Belt Pads: IceVents® Aero
- Special From Shot Show | Qore Performance ICE: Iceplate Carrier Exoskeleton | Tactical Rifleman
- Qore Performance Ice Plate EXO (ICE) - Jim's Goon Life
- Ultimate Tactical Games Plate Carrier Setup: weighted plate carrier with Cooling/Heating
- Lightweight Plate Carrier Review - PrepMedic
For bulk Corporate/Unit/Agency orders of 100+ units or to request a quote, please click here.
You may also like
How many times how we ever pondered on the thought of the great architecture, sky rise buildings, logistics and efficiency. All these objects can only be executed with solid foundations. The IcePlate Exo is just that and more, I've had the chance to test this system for more than year already. Not only do I used daily at work but also put it to stress on my off-roading adventures. The IcePlate Exo has stood my test of time and every week without a doubt either through sand, mud, snow, and rain does it keep performing. As a stand-alone unit the IcePlate Exo is extremely light weight and helps optimize the weight for other essentials. Paired with the IcePlates this plate carrier does what it is supposed to and that is to carry water efficiently. As an avid off-roader being able to optimize cargo is essential and having water on myself at all times helps clear space in compact areas. This system allows optimal cooling energy for at least 4 hours of summer Texas heat. That mean less stress on the body and more hours trailing down the desert. The team at QorePerformance have done it right by built a foundation of performance, one to which you can only built from.
This is probably one of the best carriers to buy on the market today. You get exactly what you pay for in a carrier that’s meant to protect you from rounds and heat catting. The Ice vents are ingenious and the ice plate itself is something that everyone needs to be using these days rather than a bulky hydration pack running on the back of your plate carrier. It’s crazy to me the amount of people that have not heard about QORE Performance yet and the quality of their equipment. But soon they will. This carrier is super light being that it’s a skeletonized plate carrier but the material used is super strong. I’m going to Africa on a deployment for a year and the Iceplate Exo is going to be my saving grace from the heat and any other dangers.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share an honest account of your IcePlate EXO® experience. We are stoked to hear how much you love your setup! #StayFrosty
There's not much to say about it other than this is one of if not my new favorite carrier. The only thing I would improve on is on the material used to make the vent pads or "pontoons". They do work and definitely make a difference in air circulation but they are a bit rough around the edges, literally. Maybe I am just a snowflake but I have had to hastily throw my carrier on and ended up with a few scratches on my face from the pontoons.
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this. I was very skeptical with now minimalistic this was before purchasing, once I got it, I put it through the tests, I could not rip or tear any of the seams. Material is very durable, love it. Only down side is the price, I have a few other top tier brand carriers and I can get the same quality at about a $200-$300 savings.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share an honest account of your thoughts on IcePlate EXO (ICE)! We know the value of a hard-earned dollar and this knowledge is embedded in everything we do. We never take it for granted. However, we thought it was important to highlight that while the market has lots of great, high-quality plate carrier options (too many IOHO), IcePlate EXO (ICE) is unique as the first and only plate carrier in the world designed with both active (conductive cooling/heating of IcePlate Curve via IMS Pro) and passive (IceVents Aero Shoulder Pads, IceVents Classic Ventilation Pontoons + internal laser-cut MAPs) thermoregulation systems with the ability to run either hard armor plates or IcePlate Curves in the plate bags (in either drinkable or cooling/heating only configuration, for duty or training use). These advanced capabilities are expensive to develop and deliver, so we totally understand that IcePlate EXO (ICE) is not for everyone. Here are some links to resources that might provide additional insight:
It was better than I expected. I needed a lightweight carrier to go with my plates and the molle makes it very versatile which is perfect for setting up my vest depending on the location I am working at that day.
I’ve had my ice plate exo for a few weeks now and I’m extremely happy with the product.The exo is the best plate carrier on the market. The guys at qore hit a home run with this, it’s not only a plate carrier but a tool to help you take your workouts to the next level or personal air conditioning or heating on the battlefield to give you that extra edge. Other benefits include hydration and impact protection in an extremely lightweight and extremely comfortable package. I decided to buy this product because of Tactical Rifleman YouTube video. If you don’t know about Tactical Rifleman you’re missing out because he’s one of the greatest green berets and Americans of all time.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Sincerely the ice plate carrier is the best tactical gear that i have seen in all my life, congratulations for the qore performance team for this invention, thank you for provide this product for other nations, greetings!
IcePlate EXO (ICE)
Awesome lightweight carrier 10/10 would recommend!
OK, I couldn't come up with a catchy title for my review. This plate carrier is the lightest and most comfortable body armor system I have ever owned.
What makes it so great? Let's start with the weight. Without plates it weights next to nothing. I have heavier shirts than this carrier.
Next, lets talk about durability and "space age" construction. No longer do you have to use heavy nylon for a resilient carrier. Qore Performance uses a lightweight fabric (I don't know what else to call it) that is tear resistant and extremely durable while weighing about a 20% (or less) of the weight of nylon products.
How about comfort and modularity? The cummerbund is adjustable for height on the carrier as well as girth. The shoulder straps are fully adjustable. The cummerbund also has two mag pouches on each side that will hold most 5.56mm magazines. If that isn't enough, there is plenty of MOLLE real estate from and rear to hold your extra pouches.
How about versatile? The Qore Performance Ice Plates fit in this carrier and turn it into a cooling or heating vest when you don't require ESAPI plates. Want to be climate controlled and have the protection of your plates? Add the Ice Plate Sleeves that provide a second pouch system to the EXO, allowing you to have ICE Plates and ESAPI plates in a variety of combinations.
I could ramble on, but I think you get the point. I didn't even talk about the cummerbund buckles that allow quick donning and doffing of the carrier, or the IceVents accessories that provide additional padding for long days or heavy load outs.