The all-new IceVents® Aero Holster Pad (Safariland UBL) eliminates the pressure point (hotspot) created by military, law enforcement and competition holster platforms on the nerves that control your lower leg. Despite weighing next to nothing, the IceVents® Aero Holster Pad also provides stand-off ventilation. Optimized for the Safariland UBL family of platforms (i.e. Model 6070UBL Mid-Ride Universal Belt Loop, Model 6075UBL Low-Ride Universal Belt Loop, Cubl Vertical Belt Loop, etc.).
Click here for the IceVents® Classic Holster Pad (True North Concepts MHA).
IceVents® Aero Holster Pads can only be secured to the Safariland VUBL/QUBL via the included Adhesive-backed Hook Velcro Square. The Velcro OneWrap band is not compatible with the Safariland VUBL Adjustable Platform or the Safariland QUBL Universal Belt Loop because of the adjustment mechanism, leaving the adhesive-backed Hook Velcro as the only attachment method. Running the adhesive-backed Hook Velcro only, without the OneWrap band, works for some customers with lighter applications, but it is not something we recommend for full-use, hard duty applications.
IceVents® Aero Holster Pads are available in black. They are almost completely covered by your UBL holster platform and what little remains is covered by the holster itself. This means that even if we made these in Coyote Brown, nobody would see your ninja-ness.
Each Package Contains:
- 1 x IceVents® Aero Holster Pad
- 1 x Adhesive-backed Hook Velcro Square (2" x 2")
- 16" Velcro One-Wrap (black)*
The IceVents® Aero Holster Pad is covered in hook-receptive loop fabric to work with nearly any hard holster platform using a Velcro One-Wrap connection band.
- Swab the surface of your holster platform where you want to mount your IceVents® Aero Holster Pad with rubbing alcohol and let it dry for 1-2 hours.
- Trim the included adhesive-backed hook tape to the desired shape to fit your holster platform in the desired location.
- Apply the trimmed adhesive-backed hook tape and let sit for 24 hours.*
- For maximum strength, simply wrap your holster platform with Velcro OneWrap (included) and thread it through the slits in the IceVents® Aero Holster Pad.
*The hook-receptive loop fabric is designed for ventilation and has a lighter hook/loop adhesion than you might be used to for military-specification Velcro. It is strong enough to secure the IceVents® Aero Holster Pad to your holster platform since it is pressing up against your leg.
**IceVents® Aero Holster Pad is not available a la carte to international distributors.**
Designed and manufactured in the USA from US materials. Fulfilled from our Sterling, VA HQ. Not subject to ITAR. US and International Patents Pending.
- Holster Platform Shootout: Safariland UBL vs. True North Concepts MHA
- Padded Plate Backer: How to make your hard armor plates more comfortable when wearing your plate carrier
- IceVents® Classic vs. IceVents® Aero Plate Carrier Shoulder Pads: what is the difference?
- Body Armor and Plate Carrier Ventilation Comparison: IceVents®, MaxxDri, TacVent, Body ArmorVent, SKD PIG Pontoons
- How do I add IceVents® Plate Carrier Ventilation Pontoons or IcePlate® Curve to the inside of my body armor?
I have this for both the Safariland and True North Concepts MHA. I love the comfort and padding it gives to reduce hot spots from wear over the course of range day or even on my patrols.
My safariland holster was giving me a hot spot on my leg, and this item completely got rid of it! No more annoying little red spot/bruising!
I love the modern way to run a Safariland holster with mid ride drop & thigh strap. However, I was having a bit of rub and pain with the holster against my leg. I tried a bunch of different solutions to include gluing yoga mat padding to the back of the drop (it came right off) & wore padded athletic undergarments (which worked in stopping the rub / pain, but were not sustainable long term). Nothing worked until I found this solution. This is everything I wanted and more. If you have had the same issue do not overthink it, drop the twenty bucks or whatever, and make it happen.
This product is amazing, it kept the hard plastic off of my hip and made my range belt super comfortable. It was almost like a recliner for my hip. I plan on purchasing the rest of the padding for my belt and vest!
Highly recommended for long-term holster wear.
The product works great and less than half the price as the competitor. Super fast shipping a great customer service.
My thigh doesn't hurt anymore, 10/10 would buy again
I think the product is great. Potential improvement is the bottom portion of the UBL. Addition of more padding at that area.
Works well. Mounts easy. New design wanted for true north concepts mount.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your IceVents Aero Holster Pad experience. FYSA: we've been previewing (subtly) our IceVents Classic MHA-Specific Holster Pad prototypes on our IG Stories for several weeks now.
I can’t remember where I first saw this but I had it on a list of things to get to make my duty gear more comfortable. It’s been great, really takes the “hot spot” on my leg created by the bottom of the holster against my leg. I recommend this to anyone who wears a holster all day.