[ OVERVIEW ]
Building a Superhuman Future by turning adversity into opportunity.
All-new for Summer 2022, IcePlate EXO® is a full duty plate carrier that combines our physiological enhancement and environmental inoculation technologies (IcePlate®, IceVents®, IceShield) to create a durable, hydrophobic, and breathable platform with unrivaled thermoregulation capabilities. The anchor of our IceAge EcoSystem, IcePlate EXO® weaponizes temperature using organic IcePlate® Curve and IceVents® integration to enhance human operator performance. Limited only by your imagination, IcePlate EXO® can be configured for almost any mission profile . Designed for elite armed professionals who are trained in how to properly and safely set up a plate carrier.
Made at our Knoxville, TN HQ.
Not intended for beginners or hobby use. IcePlate EXO® is sold as a complete package, but individual components are sold separately here.
Plate Carrier Cooling/Heating/Hydration: add IMS Pro Combo above
Exposed Armor Plates: good or bad? Here is the scientific and engineering truth behind exposed armor plates
DFNDR Armor PlatesPairing armor with the correct plate carrier can be complicated and confusing. We created this IcePlate EXO® Armor Package to make things easy. Each package includes two of the exact same DFNDR Armor Level III or Level IV rifle rated stand-alone body armor plates that we all run in our personal IcePlate EXO® plate carriers here at the shop. Here are the specs from DFNDR Armor:
DFNDR Armor Level III rifle rated hard armor plates are independently tested to NIJ protocol 0101.04. Designed with a multi-curve profile to provide an ergonomic and comfortable fitting armor system that is intended to wear against your body all day (and conforms perfectly with IcePlate® Curve). Lightweight to reduce fatigue, DFNDR Armor® Rifle Rated Body Armor is equipped with a state of the art Trauma Mitigation Base to minimize the energy of an impact dramatically.
All threats specified are tested at muzzle velocity and are listed in the ‘threat profile’ table below which describes the rated ammunition this armor system will defeat.
DFNDR Armor® is engineered with the highest grade of ballistic materials; Fiber-Lite Laminate, an ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) bound with a resin matrix to make it a hard stand-alone armor system and equipped with Spall-Tek to further reduce spall and deflection of projectile fragments. These Level III hard armor plates fit perfectly inside IcePlate EXO®.
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Multi-Hit Protection
- 1.1 Inches Thick
- Stand-Alone System
- Level III 2.9 pounds per armor plate
- Level IV 5.8 pounds per armor plate
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 12.5" x 1.1"
Side SAPI Armor Plates
The all-new IcePlate EXO® MOLLE Cummerbund is purpose-built for Side SAPI armor plates, 152s, etc. See images using the DFNDR QRC 6x6 Side Plate Pouch Set.
[ SPECIFICATIONS ]
|Weight:||12.9 oz (plate bags, Shoulder Shrouds, Side Strap, SizzleSticks)|
|Attachment Mechanisms:||MOLLE, Velcro, SwiftClip, G-Hook|
|Armor Plate Compatibility:||Medium ESAPI (9.5” x 12.5” x 1.1”)|
|Materials:||IcePlate EXO laminate, Velcro®, Nylon 12, Shock Cord|
[ WHAT'S INCLUDED ]
[ VIDEOS ]
[ TURBOCHARGERS ]
THIN BUT CURVY
- Cooling - Fill and freeze IcePlate® Curve for up to 70 watts of conductive cooling per IcePlate® Curve - an unrivaled performance edge.
- Heating - Fill IcePlate® Curve with hot water for up to 52 watts of conductive heating power per IcePlate® Curve and an incredible competitive advantage in even the harshest climates.
- Hydration - Each IcePlate® Curve holds 50 fl oz (1.5 L) of water.
- One-Way Valve - The one-way valve allows air into IcePlate® Curve (drinkable option only), improving flow rate by more than 100% for an effortless drinking experience.
- Integration - Each plate bag is designed to accept IcePlate Curves. When using armor plates with IcePlate EXO®, add IMS Pro Combo for internal or external mounting of IcePlate® Curve.
LESS IS MORE
- Convection - Stand-off, omnidirectional ventilation facilitates Convection (evaporative cooling).
- Hydrolysis Resistance - Will not absorb/retain water, sweat.
- Anti-microbial - Totally permanent, IceVents® are antimicrobial at the molecular level, meaning the characteristic cannot be washed away.
- Integration - IceVents® Aero Ventilated Shoulder Pads (included) evenly distribute load across your shoulders, reducing unnecessary strain. IceVents Classic Ventilation Pontoons (optional) provide stand-off ventilation between your body and your plate bag. Use one pair per plate bag as desired.
Above: IcePlate EXO® shown with internally mounted IMS Pro Combo for plate carrier cooling/heating/hydration and IceVents Aero ventilated plate carrier shoulder pads.
[ FEATURES ]
Plate bags interchangeably accept IcePlate Curve or Medium ESAPI armor plate to give you maximum versatility for your cooling, heating, hydration and protection needs. Mix and match as needed.
Designed for IceVents® Classic Ventilation Pontoons to create unrivaled stand-off body armor ventilation.
Rear plate bag has laser-cut MAPs that double as ventilation ports.
Tips the scales at a scant 12.95 oz.• thanks in part to the same laser-cut Negative MAPS (MOLLE Attachment Points built by removing, not adding material) found on IcePlate EXO®-CRH, IMS Pro, and IMS Sport.
Laser-cut Negative MAPs and open bottom architecture maximize drainage.
Our all-new SizzleStick attachment mechanism facilitates both stretch and size adjustment using a unique shock cord lacing system. Engineered using a process known as Topology Optimization, SizzleSticks achieve the optimum balance between strength and mass. Exclusive to our IcePlate EXO® line, SizzleSticks let you breathe easily, even in the hardest conditions.
Run IcePlate EXO® with just the Side Straps for a minimalist configuration or scale-up to our 3-Strand MOLLE Cummerbund to increase load-carriage options. Prefer a different Cummerbund? No problem. SizzleSticks will work with just about any two or three strand cummerbund on the market.
Constructed from our unique IcePlate EXO® laminate for an unrivaled strength to weight ratio and a completely hydrophobic chassis with a tensile strength of 600+ pounds.
MOLLE, Swift Clip, G-Hook and Velcro loop compatibility to take any pouch, placard or chest rig on the market, wherever you need it.
Velcro-brand bottom closure places the Hook Velcro field on the inside of IcePlate EXO®, preventing contact with clothing or uniforms.
Large Velcro loop fields for unit identification patches.
All-new MOLLE Cummerbund interfaces with the velcro field on the front plate bag and MOLLE placard for secure attachment.
Accepts any MOLLE pouch or add a Blue Force Gear Stackable Ten-Speed Triple M4 Mag Pouch (Qore Performance recommended) for turn-key functionality. MOLLE Placard can also be used as a chest rig when mated with IcePlate EXO-CRH.
*Weight of plate bags, Shoulder Shrouds, Side Strap, and SizzleSticks
[ RESOURCES ]
- How do I wear IcePlate®?
- Can Armor Plates Be Exposed to The Elements?
- What armor plates should I buy: Level III or Level IV?
- How strong is IcePlate EXO®?
- What is IcePlate Curve? IcePlate Curve FAQ
- What side IMS Pro is right for me: Left Exit or Right Exit?
- What size plate carrier do I wear?
- What gear pouches/accessories go with IcePlate EXO®?
- The Science Behind Body Armor Cooling
- Weight Vest Training with Cooling (i.e. The Tactical Games, Crossfit Games)
- How loud is IcePlate in the field compared to other plate carrier hydration options like Camelbak, Nalgene, Hydroflask, bottled water, etc.?
- Plate Carrier Commo Routing and Cable Management
- IcePlate EXO vs. SCARAB LT by Velocity Systems
- IcePlate EXO vs. JPC 2.0 by Crye Precision
- Plate Carrier vs. Chest Rig
- Still have another technical question not covered here? Check out our IceAge Insights blog here where we probably have an article and/or video that will answer your question because someone else probably had it too.
For bulk Corporate/Unit/Agency orders of 100+ units or to request a quote, please click here.