|Light + Strong||
Using a unique and incredibly strong laser-cut, ultra-high molecular weight laminate that is 14 times stronger than steel, ICE weighs approximately one pound. This makes it one of the lightest plate carriers available today. It is also hydrophobic, cut-resistant and abrasion resistant.
With MAPs (MOLLE Attachment Points) and loop on both the inside and the outside of each sleeve as well as an open-bottom architecture, ICE is configured for maximum ventilation, modularity and drainage. ICE will not retain water, even under the most intense circumstances.
|Medium ESAPI Plate Compatible||
ICE fits medium ESAPI plates. This design synchronizes with IcePlate Curve to create the thinnest, flattest, toughest and coldest (or hottest) system ever. Evaporative cooling can be added easily with IceVents.
ICE sleeves can be stacked (via MOLLE and/or hook and loop) for streamlined carry of both ESAPI armor plates and IcePlate Curve. Individual ICE Sleeves can also be purchased to MOLLE onto any plate carrier on the market. Don/doff is easy with a flat and durable quick-release system. ICE also features an elastic cummerbund with four pouches for 30-round magazines, SOARescue MedMags, radios, etc.
100% Made in America from American materials.
- Weight: Ultralight at just 19 ounces
- Integrated Cooling/Heating/Hydration: ICE natively integrates IcePlate Curve and IceVents to provide two forms of cooling (Conductive and Evaporative), and up to 3L of Hydration. No other plate carrier on the market can offer this level of capability, natively integrated, in such a light package;
- Vented: internal and external laser-cut MOLLE for unrivaled venting
- Versatile: MOLLE, Swift Clip, G-Hook and loop compatibility to take any pouch, placard or chest rig on the market;
- Adaptable Fit: Fits a Medium ESAPI, elastic cummerbund works for up to 40” waist;
- Stackable: Multiple ICE sleeves can be seamlessly stacked when wearing, enabling integration of IcePlate either inside or outside armor plates;
- Strong: Unique laminate is 14 times stronger than steel for the same weight;
- Hydrophobic: Will not absorb or retain water;
- Load Bearing: Tensile strength of 600+ pounds;
- High Tech: Laser cut laminate platform results in maximum weight savings, precision, and ventilation;
- Stretch: Elastic cummerbund flexes and adapts to your mission clothing automatically and features secure, built-in pouches for up to four (4) 5.56 magazines;
- Lightning Fast On and Off: Super fast quick release side buckles are flat, low profile and strong;
- Safe: Laser-cut monolithic drag handle
Each Package Includes:
- 1x ICE Front Sleeve
- 1x ICE Rear Sleeve
- 1x ICE Elastic Cummerbund w/2x 5.56 Mag Pockets per side
- 2x ICE Shoulder Shrouds
- 2x IceVents Universal Shoulder Pads for Plate Carriers***
- 2x SwiftClips
- 2x IcePlate PVC Pull Tabs
- 1x Q-Hex IR Patch (matching colorway)
***We are currently sold out of Coyote IceVents. All ICE orders will ship with a pair of Black IceVents starting with the 15FEB 2020 ship date and continuing until Coyote IceVents are restocked, all on us! We will then ship you a pair of Coyote IceVents gratis as soon as we re-stock them later this spring.
I have been a long term follower and end user of QPI products. The consistent theme among all the products has been highly functional products that keep true to a minimalist and simplistic design. This carrier is no different. I have had the opportunity to wear a wide variety of carriers (some good and some bad). The ICE has been a true disrupter in the space. To say I gave up a Crye AVS for this vest, should carry some weight with those who have worn an AVS. The scalability and ability to customize was something I was looking forward to. Furthermore, I was slightly hesitant with a unique requirement we had for our vests to have integrated flotation, and how this would work out. I was able to integrate the flotation easily, and given the strength of the laminate in this product it was no concern that if the need arose it would stay together. Another huge benefit with the material used is the strength of the laminate. We also have a need to integrate a harness into the carrier for hoisting, and previous carriers have not held up to the stresses on the MOLLE or laser cut slots. While its simply for routing and not load bearing, I have yet to see any degree of stress on the ICE. This has been the best and most well thought out carrier I have worn, huge congratulations to Qore for nailing yet another product.
The con: (And I wouldn't even really call it a con) Make sure you know the thickness of your plates. There is little give in the material, which is a pro once the plates are in, but can make it difficult if you have thick plates. The Poly composite plates that are an inch thick or so will not fit well. They were very much modeled around a SAPI/ESAPI thickness. Just worth noting at the time of order.
I've used Qore products for years (see photos), so I had to look at ICE when it was time to upgrade my plate carrier. I had some hesitation based on the price, but I'm thankful that I looked past the price point and bought this. The carrier itself is incredibly lightweight, and the material is unlike anything else I've seen or handled before. I was at SHOT this year and couldn't find anything like it - and I checked (and yes, I also checked out the Crye JPC). And ICE is strong. I wondered about Qore's claims so I had a buddy drag my 200 lb. frame around a bunch while wearing it. We may have been too aggressive because we broke his shoe, but the vest took the abuse without any signs of distress. I've been running the IcePlate curve on the inside of the vest just using some 3M hook & loop. I was looking to save some money by not buying another ICE sleeve - my pockets are only so deep. The plates took some effort to fit into the carrier, but Qore assured me that this is by design. It's supposed to help prevent the plates from shifting. It works. And the quick disconnect cummerbund is a dream compared to the former method of lifting up a flap on the front.
The only downside is the price, but I'm old enough to understand that you get what you pay for. It's worth the price. It's clear that Qore put a lot of thought into the design and the material. Look past the price - you'll be happy in the long run.