Resilient, tenacious, hard-working, go-getters wanted.
- Field Training Specialists (multiple positions)
- Mechanical Engineer
- Lead Industrial Designer
- Junior Industrial Designer
- UX/UI Digital Experience Designer
- Graphic Designer
- iOS App Programmer/Developer
- Video Editor
- Brand Journalist/Content Marketing Manager
- Videographer/Photographer II
- E-Commerce Merchandising Manager (MIL/LE, Outdoor, Fitness T&E)
- Digital Marketing Content Specialist
- Media and Public Relations Specialist
Assembly and Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Technician (multiple positions)
- Manufacturing and Production Manager
- Master Industrial Sewing Machine Operator (multiple positions)
Who are we? Click below to hear our interview on the popular NPR Podcast "How I Built This" with Guy Raz:
Why Should You Join Qore Performance®?
BUILDING A SUPERHUMAN FUTURE
Now is the time to find a job you’ll love, doing work that is both fulfilling and important. With restrictions and supplemental unemployment enhancements behind us, the rush is on to grab the best jobs that support freedom, liberty and individual empowerment.
In the inevitable politics of large companies re-establishing hierarchies, will the skills, knowledge, and superior work ethic you’ve developed matter? Will you be just an employee number, subject to layoffs from any disruption like COVID or a real estate debt crisis? Will you have a voice, or just a job. Will you make a difference, or just a paycheck?
Qore Performance® is a small, close-knit, high-output and fast growing company with a vital mission and a great team working hard to fulfill it. Your work at Qore Performance® will have an immediate and positive impact on tens of thousands of people all over the world starting on your first day. Our growing family of products use simple but novel thermoregulation and hydration technologies to increase work capacity and safety of first responders, technicians operating in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), military personnel, pilots, athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. In just a few short years, our commercial customers have worked over 5,000,000 hours without a single minute lost to a heat injury, preventing thousands of hospitalizations while saving hundreds of millions of dollars in health care costs and lost productivity. With average temperatures continually on the rise around the world, weaponizing temperature to enhance performance and survivability has never been more important. Helping individuals and GDP at the same time, on multiple levels, is more vital than at anytime in the history of our great country.
As an "Essential Critical Infrastructure" company offering products that are vital to incident response, we were not shut down during the COVID crisis. We attacked opportunity, grew rapidly, and thrived. Our "freedom first" idea meritocracy uniquely positioned our team to quickly seize numerous opportunities as they arose in 2020, 2021, and now 2022.
Now we’re looking for more A-Players to join us in Building A Superhuman Future. Help us meet the dramatically increasing demand for our products as we liberate people from the constraints of their environment and help them become the greatest version of themselves.
If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we want to hear from you!
Important: these articles will help you figure out if you are a good fit for our team. Read all of them before you apply.
Generation Pawn, Part I: A Wake Up Call
Generation Pawn, Part II: Be the CEO of Your Own American Dream
Top 5 Things You Need to Land for Your Dream Job
Why Grades and School Don't Matter for Some Positions
How to make a successful transition off of Active Duty into civilian life
Who is an ideal Qore Performance® candidate?
- Takes initiative
- Detail oriented
- Neat, clean, tidy
- Takes pride in hard work
- Integrity beyond reproach
- Perpetual, independent learner
- Strong convictions, but open-minded
- Polished and refined social skills, traditional manners, practiced high-level etiquette (requirement for all positions)
- Knows how to leave ego at the door in pursuit of excellence
- Team player mindset with the capability to be totally independent and self-sufficient
- Motivated by excellence, achievement, independence, freedom, team accomplishment
- Disciplined (regular involvement in team sports or other physical fitness regimens are generally a good indicator of this)
- History of any combination of the following: team sports (ideal), military service (combat arms only), law enforcement (patrol, SWAT, line units, not support or administration), Fire/EMS (firefighters, paramedics, EMTs with actual field experience)
Our hiring process
First, you must actually apply for a specific job and follow the instructions on this page. We will not respond to inquiries "asking for additional information" because this page has all of the pertinent details about every position already on it. If the information isn't on this page, that means it will be disclosed later in the process at the appropriate time. This is the first step in our recruiting process that we don't list below: we are evaluating your ability to conduct primary source research, follow-directions, be thorough, and take action.
We use a five-step interview process to evaluate candidates and give candidates an opportunity to evaluate us. Our goal is to set all of our team members up for success from the first moment they make contact with us, but our hiring process is stringent and extremely thorough. It is not easy. You will have a chance to ask any questions you want at the end of each interview step. Here are the steps:
- Preliminary Questions - if you meet the minimum requirements, we'll send these questions to you via email within one week of receipt of your application. Questions are short and usually directed at specific points where we are looking for clarification. Responses here determine if a candidate is invited to a Screening. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of submitting your application, you were not selected for a Screening Interview.
- Screening Interview - this interview is roughly 10-15 minutes and is conducted over the phone. It is an opportunity for us to get to know the basics about each candidate. If you pass the Screening interview, you will advance to the next round.
- Personal Interview - this is an in-person interview at our office in Sterling, VA. It is a chance for us to get to know you at a deeper level.
- Skills Assessment - for technical positions, this interview is used to assess your actual skillset using a practical exercise. The work done during this exercise is a simulation and is never used commercially or made live to an audience, but it does deal with real elements from our company for proper and complete context. This is a paid interview and you will receive cash compensation.
- Reference Interview - just like it sounds, this interview is all about your work history and references. The Reference Interview includes a detailed background check that includes credit history. It is done in person for local candidates and via VTC for out of area candidates.
Getting an offer from us is difficult. Only the absolute best candidates will advance through all five stages. If you get an offer from us, you are an exceptional talent (and we don't mean GPA - we couldn't care less what your GPA was), so congratulations!
Some of the benefits we offer:
- No formal education or degrees required for most positions!
- High School Graduate Apprenticeship Program - ask us!
- Base Health Insurance covered 100%, employees only pay for upgrades like Concierge Medicine or expanded coverage
- Unlimited PTO (conditions apply)
- New HQ2 development for 2023 (VA or TN)
- Employee Purchase Program
- End of year Profit Sharing Bonus
- Freedom and Liberty for all team members
- All candidates must have the legal ability to work in the USA w/o sponsorship
- Ability to clearly communicate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug test
- Ability to perform physical tasks required of the job
- School is not a substitute for experience. Applications attempting to use schooling in lieu of relevant job experience (if required/stated in job listing) will not be considered
- All applicants with government work experience must have an additional 3-5 years of private sector employment after the end of their government work history to be eligible
- We do all of our own recruiting. We do not use outside agencies.
- All positions are at our headquarters - we do not offer remote positions
Email us with your brief statement of interest (a.k.a. Cover Letter) and your resume to apply today!
DARE TO BE GREAT.
SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS.