Media and Public Relations Manager
Do you love to share experiences? Do you love to tell stories? Did you crush anything with a writing assignment in high school or college? Do you love researching topics for your next story? Do you relish the opportunity to share stories that have a direct and immediate positive impact on people’s lives? Do you love to pitch media on new story ideas? Do you have a background in Journalism, Media Booking, Broadcasting or similar? What if you could tell stories that could literally save lives? If you want to tell such stories, you just found your dream job.
We are looking for energetic and talented Media and Public Relations professionals to help us share the stories of our incredible customers with the world. From elite military and law enforcement units and drive thru lanes to COVID vaccination sites, Qore Performance solutions are on the front lines of a warming world that gets more competitive everyday.
As with all positions at Qore Performance, no formal education or training are required. You do not need a college or advanced degree of any kind to work for us, but you do need to be a great writer. You will be the lead writer for all public communications from Qore Performance: press releases, media pitches, IceAge Insights blog articles, and video scripts. Through our own college experiences and as owners of those fancy pieces of paper, we’ve learned that attitude and skills are what set people up for success. What you will need is proof of your skill set, proof you can do the job for which you are applying and be great at it. If you have a fancy degree, great. If you don't have a fancy degree, that is great too!
- Excellent writer and storyteller
- Command of three act play format
- Fiction and non-fiction writing samples in portfolio
- Advanced command of the English language
- Detail-oriented research skills, ability to fact-check
- Fearless ability to consistently pitch media on stories
Big Advantage if you have them
- Military, Law Enforcement, First Responder, Backpacking/Outdoor, QSR or Occupational Safety background
- Journalism and/or creative writing background/experience
- Media, press, booking or successful blog background
- Ability to pitch and land earned media
- Unpublished work acceptable for some for portfolio examples
Minimum two years experience in video production, writing
- Proven video, writing and/or publishing experience a plus
- Critical thinking/problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Team player/mindset
How we will measure success: earned media placements, inbound link traffic from placements, organic search rankings of published articles, inbound customer service questions vs Conversion Rate, Bounce Rate, Engagement Rates (Comments) and other digital metrics/analytics.
Click here to learn more about our recruiting process and working at Qore Performance!
- All candidates must have the legal ability to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Ability to clearly communicate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to perform physical tasks required of the job
Work location: Qore Performance Headquarters Sterling, VA
Do you see things on this list that suck? Think you have a better way? We DEFINITELY want to hear from you.
Please submit a condensed resume and an expression of interest for review.