Manufacturing and Production Manager
Do you love to build things and make the "trains run on time?" Do you love robots? Do you love machines? Do you love systems and process? Do you have an eye for design and intuitively knowing when things "look just right?" Are you always competing against yourself to improve and get better? Do your friends always compliment you on how organized and tidy you keep your home and/or car? Do you love building a network of people to help you accomplish your mission? Do you love to always have things in their place, maybe to the point of being called OCD, and proud of it? Do you know about tooling, raw materials sourcing, plastics manufacturing, soft goods assembly, supply chain management?
If you want a chance to make an impact right away using your production, manufacturing, organizational skills, solid accounting knowledge, and love of people, this is your calling. This position reports directly to the CFO.
If any or all of this sounds like you, we want to hear from you for our Manufacturing and Production Manager position!
Manufacturing and Production Manager responsibilities:
- management and operation of all manufacturing and production, internal and external
- sourcing: machines, tools, parts, components, raw materials, OEMs (augmentation)
- Additive manufacturing
- Production laser cutting (but not prototyping)
- Pattern making, nesting, yield management
- Cut & Sew operations
- raw materials procurement and inventory management
- Scout, source, and secure production partners and manufacturers to match needs, taking into consideration quality, quantities, raw materials, delivery date, payment terms, etc.
- Work with the Design team to write and enforce quality standards and production contracts
- Establish and manage credit relationships with suppliers
- Ensure that production schedule and deliveries match purchase orders and demand
- Ensure raw materials and finished goods are compliant with relevant standards and certifications with appropriate documentation
- Receive and verify inbound shipments
- Optimize shipping and freight contracts / terms, logistics experience is strongly preferred
- Manage processes to convert incoming inventory into sellable product
- Ensure ample quantities of in-stock product is ready for immediate fulfillment
- Implement and improve systems for tracking of inventory, inventory management experience is a plus
- Manage import/export strategies, taking into account tariffs, intellectual property, etc
- File and maintain compliance with all municipal, state and federal requirements
- Negotiate and coordinate the acquisition of equipment and infrastructure as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years manufacturing experience with one or more of the following: injection molding, blow molding, CNC Machining, CNC Sewing, laser cutting, soft goods manufacturing, tool design/construction, other manufacturing
- Proven manufacturing and production track record
- Understand of robotics, automation
- Critical thinking/problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Team player/mindset
How we will measure success: production volume, production time to market, in-stock availability, profitability, manufacturing efficiency, Q/C reject rate, customer satisfaction (reviews, returns, etc.), returns, and raw materials yields.
Big advantage if you have a background in any of the following:
Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighter (Urban or Wildland), First Responder/EMT, SAR/CSAR, Backpacking/Hiking, Mountaineering/Climbing, Outdoors, Travel, Food Service, Consumer Electronics, Crossfit, Running/Marathons, Combative's/D-TAC
Click here to learn more about our recruiting process and working at Qore Performance®!
- All candidates must have the legal ability to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Ability to clearly communicate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to perform physical tasks required of the job
Work location: Qore Performance® Headquarters in Sterling, VA
Please submit a condensed resume and an expression of interest for review. Work location: Sterling, VA. Currently, we can only accept applications from US Citizens.