Purchasing and Operations Manager
Does accounting bring you incredible satisfaction and joy? Do your friends say you have a knack for always finding exactly the right purchase for every need? Do you love numbers? Do you love puzzles? Do you love synchronizing systems? Does accounting get you up in the morning? Are you an intuitive gift giver? Are you good at searching for things? Are you always the first one to find the right answer when Googling? Do you like coordinating systems with lots of moving parts and making them work well together? Do you consider yourself a person who has a quantitative knack for stretching a dollar? Are you considered a "trains on time" person?
Optimizing our purchasing, operations, and supply chain, our Purchasing and Operations Manager plays a hugely important role in our scaling efforts. This is a mission-critical full time position that reports directly to the CFO. Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and verifying product taking into consideration quality, quantities, raw materials, delivery date, payment terms, etc.
- Production scheduling: ensuring production schedule and deliveries match purchase orders and demand, shelves are neither bare nor overflowing
- Drafting and maintaining the Operations SOP
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships, including credit terms
- Optimizing inventory to fulfill customer orders
- Source and acquire raw materials as specified/requested by Design
- Work with Design to write and enforce quality standards and production contracts
- Ensure raw materials and finished goods are compliant with relevant standards and certifications with appropriate documentation
- Backend accounting: receive and verify inbound shipments
- Manage import/export strategies, taking into account tariffs, intellectual property, etc.
- Maintain excellent systems and records for financial tracking, AP, AR, and bookkeeping
- Daily office upkeep practices, standards and scheduling
- Other duties as assigned.
Big advantage if you have a background in any of the following:
Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighter (Urban or Wildland), First Responder/EMT, SAR/CSAR, Backpacking/Hiking, Mountaineering/Climbing, Outdoors, Travel, Food Service, Consumer Electronics, Crossfit, Running/Marathons, Combative's/D-TAC
Click here to learn more about our recruiting process and working at Qore Performance®.
- All candidates must have the legal ability to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Ability to clearly communicate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to perform physical tasks required of the job
Work location: Qore Performance® Headquarters in Knoxville, TN