The Modular IcePlate Sleeve System (MIPSS) allows you to attach IcePlate to the inside of your plate carrier without the need for external armor straps. MIPSS is the brainchild of the professionals at SOARescue who identified the need while working as SWAT and Army Medics in late 2016 into early 2017. Looking for a way to address the numerous heat injuries suffered by the officers and Soldiers under their care, Ben and Andrew knew IcePlate fit that bill. They saw a unique opportunity when they studied their issued ProTech Body Armor (Heavy Vest) because it had loop field strips on the inside. Ben then had the lightbulb moment where he saw an IcePlate-specific sleeve designed to connect to the loop filed already on his ProTech body armor. The Modular IcePlate Sleeve System was born.
**Note: Not Compatible with IcePlate Curve. Compatible with prior versions of IcePlate Only.**
In the box:
- 1 x Black MIPSS Sleeve
- 2 x 8” hook/hook adapter strips
- 2 x 8” adhesive loop strips (same as IceVents headband package)
If you have loop strips on the inside of your body armor:
- Affix hook adapter strips to loop strips on plate carrier
- Affix MIPSS Sleeve (loop side facing hook adapters) in desired location on plate carrier
If you do not have loop strips on the inside of your body armor:
- Wipe nylon surface of your plate carrier with rubbing alcohol using a terry cloth or shop towel. This will only work on a clean, dry nylon surface. Adhesive-backed loop strips will not adhere to Airprene or spacer mesh surfaces.
- Let rubbing alcohol dry completely. This usually takes about ten minutes.
- Place Adhesive Backed Loop Strips onto desired location on inside of plate carrier. We recommend checking the spacing before you remove the adhesive backing and marking your desired location with pencil for easy reference.
- Remove backing strip from Adhesive Backed Loop Strip and apply to your desired location.
- Let dry for 24-48 hours (or as long as possible) before affixing MIPSS Sleeve.